Re: heroquesting

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:35:13 +0100

>Realisticly, you have to make up almost everything to
>answer these sorts of question, as no real information exists. And
these
>are exactly what free form heroquesting will bring up, again and again.

But then it's going to be a long, long time before I'm going to be remotely ready to run freeform heroquesting. It would be like a novice musician learning about how to structure musical compositions and complaining that his basic text book doesn't tell him how to write grand, classical french style symphonies. I've got a lot of years of running regular heroquests to go before I'm likely to feel I'm anywhere near ready.

However, for running regular heroquests, of the kind that the vast majority of the heroquesters in glorantha attempt, and which any heroquester will have to cut their teeth on to have any chance of surviving even minor experimental quests, then The Hero With A Thousand Faces is an excelent resource.

Simon Hibbs