Re: Wachaza pirates

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:45:47 +0100 (BST)

Nils Weinander says in re: Wachaza pirates

> There are probably Wachaza worshippers
> among all these mermen (in various numbers, far more
> Ysabbau than Ludoch, no Ouoroi and Zabdamar).

Trouble is, Ysabbau are so hostile that they'd Fork (human) pirates a lot, lot sooner than work with 'em. According the the Bestiary, which I sense Nils may have been looking up too ;-), Ludoch, Malasp, Ysabbau, and Gnydron all worship Wachaza, but I would not be surprised if subsequent Gregging revealed these numbers to be rather low. (I don't think the God Learners _invented_ Wachaza, though, probably just took an obscure merfolk(?) cult (or so) and minimaxed it Up The Wazoo (and back down the Neliomi).

> > > I have a hard time seeing pirates as the devout religious
> > > types, dedicating themselves to a single deity.

> > Well, one hardly has to be Pious to be Dedicated, as anyone who's
> > had their leg chewed off by a Ratuki will testify.

> The question then is, what's the object of dedication?

Dinner time!

Slainte,
Alex.