Riding Vingans

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:12:41 +0200

Hi everyone,

Jane Williams :

> Horsemanship? I've always wanted to give Vingans horse-riding
> expertise beyond the male warrior norm, as it makes better use of their
> lighter weight and lower strength in combat, but I've never managed to
> find a mythic reason for it. Same for Archery: it's efficient, but it's a
> solar weapon. Is this purely pragmatic Vingans doing the sensible
> thing, or do you have Mythic Backing.

I think I have found some even if not as clear as saying "...and thus Vinga gained her bow skills." This is actually a piece taken from Nick Effingham's Elmal write up.

"The cult associates freely with Orlanth, Ernalda, the local Grain Goddess, Hippoi and Vinga, who had many adventures with Elmal in Godtime."

Could it be that Vinga learned this stuff from Elmal ? Or riding even from Hippoi ? This would explain why she should be better in riding than male warriors and give her bow skills.

Email : Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net
Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

Let those who _wish_ the best for you never live too long, they are like poisonous pit snakes, waiting for the right moment to strike !" Irk, the Deadly - - Tergavi of the Dark Paw packs