Re: Sartarcentric

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:14:50 EDT

Steve Lieb:

<< It sounds like the playtest system (thus far) is Sartarcentric? Am I simply a victim of non-playtester's ignorance? Or will the expansions have the relevant character/history/cutural generation info?>>

     The first few supplements will concentrate on the Orlanthi in general and the Sartarites in particular. Expansions detailing the Lunars, trolls, etc. will follow probably within a year of HW being launched, and will have the material necessary to play in those cultures.

    BTW, on the topic of HW game mechanics, while I personally remain wary of a number of features and certainly wouldn't play the game entirely as written (unless there are even bigger changes between the current and final drafts than I would expect) I am actually rather relieved that so many people don't agree with me. Hopefully this means that the game has a good chance of drawing in new players, even if they don't happen to be *my* type of player. I'd rather have a system I don't like with a whole bunch of easily convertible supplements than have no new Gloranthan supplements at all. My only real concern remains how much those supplements will focus on material useful to interesting campaigns as opposed to heroic ones, and its far to early to tell that, as we don't even have a draft of one yet AFAIK...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky