Re: Vinga; archers; Heler

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:37:44 -0800

Bryan Maloney avers

> As we all know, Umath is the father of Vinga. Berenneth is
> the father of Vinga. Don't confuse the two, thank you very much.

Greg answered my question about her parentage (in a lore auction) that Orlanth is her father -- or else she's the daughter of two Vingkotlings. (Needless to say, Beren[eth] is a Vingkotling, being Vingkot's son-in-law.) I think the point is she's not as primal as to have Umath as father.

Jeff Richard wrote

> the Dara Happans aren't exactly famous for their war-archers either

Other than an Emperor shooting down a Moon...

Certainly I can't think of a Gloranthan reference to archers winning a battle (such as Agincourt), but I'd be surprised if Dara Happa doesn't field some archers.

> RoC predates ... Heler

Huh? Heler's been around since forever. He might be a bit better understood these days, but GoG portrays him pretty accurately.