Vinga and bows.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:12:16 +0100 (BST)

Jane Williams:
> Quite how we have Jorganos (a human hero)
> teaching archery to Vinga (a goddess) without admitting that Vinga
> was also a human hero, and contemporary with/younger than
> Jorganos, is another matter, but one I can have a lot of fun playing
> with.

I think this could be made to work anyway, mind you; retroactive HeroQuesting, yadda-yadda. But they already are (at least near-) contemporaries -- Vinga is the daughter of Orlanth[*], and Jorganos is one of his grandsons. Yes, Vinga is a deity and Jorganos isn't, AFAIK, but the distinction is somewhat vague and non-crucial. After all, Vingkot is a "human hero", whereas Hedkoranth is a "deity", but that hardly makes the former less impressive or important than the latter, AFAICS. Slainte,
Alex.

[*] Sez who? Well, me, for our present purposes.