Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #232

From: SimonBray_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 05:51:22 EDT

Hi All,

 RE: Bryan's concern over the worship of Jakaleel in a sorcerous manner. I can see no problems with this style of worship. In Enclosure 1 it is stated that Jakaleel is worshipped in a sorcerous manner. In the Tales write up the Jakaleel divine magic had a very sorcerous feel to it, and may be interpreted by some Gloranthans as actually being sorcery with a divine origin. I don't remember seeing any restrictions on Jakaleel followers using sorcery, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they positively encourage it. However if the PC believes that they are being Stygian in nature and not Carmanian then that may be a different matter, on the surface the practices may seem the same, but if the spirit is perverted to darkness then there maybe some concerns. However Jakaleel is a very dualistic entity, being the Darkness with the red light of Rufelza, a living part of a dead spirit, a human and troll deity, the cause and cure for madness etc.

Cheers