The Four Arrows of Stuff.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 03:28:09 +0100 (BST)

Steve Lieb makes his Retrieve Topic ability roll rather well:
> there seems to be no dominant* foot archer culture in Glorantha, for
> WHATEVER reason (except possibly the maidstone archers, but there aren't
> many of them)

Probably more numerically significant than the grotarons are the Rathori (ditto, you'll not ever meet hoardes of 'em, but probably individually impressive), and the aldryami (if you ever meet a hoard of 'em, you're already metazoa pate').

> and IMO the Pentans, while probably pretty good archers, are
> more notable for their tactics than their archery.

I always thought being able to fire a bow from atop any means of locomotion as idiotic as a horse was pretty notable in itself. ;-) I concur that you have to have a certain tactical savvy to make best use of this troop type, and clearly they won't have a rate or fire, accuracy, penetration and what-not in the same bracket as a mass formation of crack lowbowmen would, I'm sure they have Feats and Impressive Heroic Stuff that they can do, which one could hardly help but Note.

Slainte,
Alex.