misc

From: styopa_at_iname.com
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:09:25 -0500

> Here is a sample mercenary unit from my Ralios game. The year is the
>1616.

Jose, this is great - however, it seems from the role and description that they are an all-foot unit, is that correct (excepting officers, probably)??

Alex notes:
>I don't think either of these hold true if your "heavy" cav is Karmanoi
>Kataphracti, and your "light" are rhino nation nomads.
>I think many of your points are otherwise valid, but here the terminology
>is serving more to obscure than to reveal, I fear.
Agree with both points. I thought my original post was pretty simple - there are more than two archetypical troop types in Glorantha - there are many, and of these many compare *in general terms* with RW analogues. I probably stated the resemblances too strongly, or simply failed my [Communicate Idea] miserably.