Thunderstones

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:58:46 -0700

Simon Bray writes:
> A simple and short question. How big is a thunderstone? In a recent
posting
>Jeff seemed to suggest that they fit in a sling. I believe that they are
>thrown by hand and are much bigger, perhaps thrown discus like.

Personally, I tend to view a thunderstone as being about fist-sized, although sometimes smaller and sometimes bigger. Really depends upon the god-talker, doesn't it. If he views Thunderstones as something to be slung, he'll invest the power of Thunder into something that can be slung. If he views it as something you clonk you foe with while holding onto your fist, the power of Thunder will be invested into something you can clonk your foe with. If he views it as something you throw at your foe, .... you get the picture. It just depends on how the god-talker understands that Orlanth or whatever Thunder Brother uses it.

> I recently played a Hedkoranth in a rather nifty Martin Hawley scenario
>called 'Elmal's Daughters', I had a real fun lobbing rocks at everyone, I
used
>my thunderstone to blow up a dam and went rock to rock with a troll bandit.
It
>was just a shame that my prowess with a rock did not impress our chieftan
>enough to make me Warleader. Then again I did envision my character as
Obelix
>from the Asterix comics.

Sounds great. I have no problem with that.

Jeff