abused player, suggestion

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:03:43 +0300 (EDT)

> >1) Kindness and Cruelty are two edges of the same sword
> >2) it is the same with Light and Darkness
> >3) Instant Decision Making is the necessary crucible by which Moral
> >Understandings are tested and insanity and other weaknesses exposed
>
> Nice summary. Unfortunately, I have recently discovered that the player
> has suffered from several years of what I call "abusive gaming".
> (There is entirely too much of the wrong sort of WoD LARP done around
> here.)

weeeeiiird... admittedly I've never seen a WoD game I liked, but at least in the early stages of live gaming (in Finland) we had somewhat a shortage of females. Thankfully that has changed and the genders are just about 1:1 balanced now (with several thousand active gamers in the scene)   What kind of primitives would really hold a gamers gender against him / her. Are we talking about GM:s or players of both?

> have the "right" connection to the "storyguides"--you know the rest.

that's the WoD paradigm, alright. =/

> feels important just because I let her character own a slave! Thus,
> decisiveness is not her forte at the moment. So, as always, I'm going to
> have to improvise.
>
> I don't really want to inform her that her character is the epitome of
> vileness as far as its home culture is concerned. Like it or not, real
> human situations do take precedence over games.

Hmm... I would still take the time to explain to her the nature of "her social group" or what ever you decide to call it. Her character obviously is different, and this can be a real asset in gaming. I would have a talk with her try to together come up with a reason why the character is different from the norm of her society.

hmm... I think I need refresher course in english.

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"