More blether.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:36:01 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke says of Keith''s piece:
> I *like* "Tavarnils" -- I don't know what it means, but I like it! (Always
> knew that apostrophe would come in handy one of these days).

"It may not mean much, but it sounds good!", what? I agree, a very nifty unelision(?).

Keith Nellist suggests Stupid Doburdun Tricks:
> "Catnap as a reusable spell"

Nononono -- that's Yinkin! One of his most impressive Feats, in fact!

> Elven archers would have explained that longbows
> are best used en masse (see archery discussion) and the primitive but not
> stupid Rathori would have picked up on this.

I don't think that's how the aldryami _do_ use bows, though. Yer common or garden elf uses them from [hide behind tree 8/12] ambush, getting reasonable accuracy at relatively close range; while your Right Hard Wood Lord Bastard type actually is quite happy to spot his individual enemy half a mile away, and quite undemonstratively shoot him stone cold dead where he stands. The Rathori, who live _in_ the forest with the elves, probably ape both methods to some extent. I don't see either of them making use of mass battle tactics that are unsuitable to both their normal environment, and their level of military organisation.

Daniel "more plot points than sense ;-)" McCluskey writes:
> As the first player to actually "buy the farm" in our HWs campaign

I'd like to conduct a survey, to determine if yours was the first PC to every die in _any_ HW game, Dan. ;-) If so, I vote we get you a plaque. (Dental, like as not.)

David Dunham briskly gives Orlanthi Executioners their P45s:
> What ever for? The only legal information we have on the Orlanthi lists
> extraordinarily few capital crimes: secret murder, rape, regicide,
> betraying cult secrets, consorting with chaos, descecration of Orlanthi
> holy places, and deliberately breeding disease.

I agree, not common, and unlikely to be punished so formally, either. "Capital crime" is a bit of a damp squib if you ask me, as a category; it will most typically mean "You're Outlawed, with a view to us killing you as soon as is practicable", vs. the punishment for a somewhat lesser crime. ("You're Outlawed. We may very well kill you when we get a chance to do so.")

> (no matter that my character is an accessory to regicide)

Let's make him accessory to an immediate lynching, shall we? ;-)

Summarily,
Alex.