Miniatures, MiG II, and Megacorp News.

From: Richard Meints <rmeints_at_ford.com>
Date: 02 Nov 1998 05:54:17 -0500

Hello,
to: glorantha_at_chaosium.com

The second edition of my Gloranthan index, code named MiG II, is now 98% complete. The only section in which I still need some info is the new RQ miniatures section I have added. If any of you know of any miniatures that were made for RQ, I would most appreciate a copy of your lists.

Here's what I know:
The major lines of minis I have documented are by Archive, Citadel, Ral Partha, and Trollkin Forge. I have fairly complete lists for them, but there are some gaps, especially for the Archive minis.

What I'm really looking for is a list of the miniatures made by Dragonclaw minis, which pretty much was only able to sell them at Convulsion 3D before they got their license yanked by Chaosium.

Any info would be most appreciated. If someone has photos of their minis please let me know. I'd love to include some pictures in the section.

If all goes according to plan, MiG II should be out at the same time as Tales 18, which is now going through the process of DTP.

For those of you that are wondering, the MiG is very detailed look at all the Gloranthan products produced since 1976. It has descriptions of every major and minor product I could get my hands on. It has very detailed lists of where all the cults, creatures, scenarios, spells, and skill descriptions are located. MiG II is currently 116 pages. Don't try to order it just yet from your friendly Megacorp rep.

If anyone has any info on the following products, please let me know:

Tortured Souls (UK, A5) fanzine, Miser's Horde (UK), the Complete Dungeonmaster Series by Beast Enz (CDM1-5), Gorp magazine (especially issue 3) (US), Mindless Slaughter (UK, A5), Rune Riter (UK, A5).

Megacorp Product Update:

Best of Tales is still out there percolating. Since we've expanded it to include all the out-of-print issues (1-9), it's taking a little longer to gel, but it should be out in early 99. It's heavy on the Heroquest info from issue #7, plus there is new material being added, such as a Griselda story, and updates to several of the articles. Should be 124 pgs.

Tales 18 is the Sartar/Lismelder special. It's got loads of info on the Greydog clan, including much of what you would need to run a campaign there. There's a Stormwalk mountain HQ, plus the cult of Odayla. It should be out shortly before or after Christmas 98.

Tales 19 is the Upland Marsh/Undead special issue. It will contain all the creepy detail you've wanted to know about Delecti, the Marsh, deadly places, and creepy denizens. Interested authors should contact myself or David Hall or MOB to coordinate what's going in.

Tales 20 is still wide open at the moment.

Take Care,
Rick Meints, Education, Training & Development, 8-737-2126 Mobile: 0976-686-454 Internet: RMeints_at_ford.com