Various things

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:32:08 -0000

Interaction between deities:
I had a few problems with this when I was writing up Vinga. What I did was look at every cult I was making (or even considering making) an Associate, then write a myth-let of how she interacted with that deity, and why that particular spell is the one supplied. I don't claim the result was any good, but it's a handy way of generating myths.

Earth Goddesses:
Trotsky agrees with me that Earth Goddesses come in threes, then asks about the missing sister for Babs and Voria. Let me add to the "three sisters" pattern that the eldest sister is the one who goes mad and embraces Death, the youngest is the Earth Queen of the next generation, and the middle one fails (from the Earth POV) in some lesser way, but is still useful. Given that pattern, I'd suggest that Vinga is the missing sister (useful to have around, but not much cop as an Earth goddess).

The missing sister to Asrelia and TKT could be any (local?) earth goddess who became much less important, or even dead, after the Darkness, perhaps?

Oh, and "Gata" is short-hand for whichever goddess has the Earth Queen hat on at the time in question.

Tricksters:
In my newly-started campaign (the one with the ducks in it), I have a PC who seems to be about to become a Trickster initiate: and he's only partway through his Orlanth initiation! (Currently off chatting to the Second Son, will do the "Initiation of Orlanth" next. The rest of the players (and the clan) do not know about his Trickster connections, though I have one of the players primed to do a Bondsman's Oath on him if needed. Any suggestions, advice, thoughts on the wording of the Bondsman's Oath, etc? In particular, how much use will it be for a newly initiated 15-year-old to have the twit Bonded if a Sword of Humakt wants the Trickster dead?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #336