Re: Tricksters

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:10:14 EST

Jane:

<< In my newly-started campaign (the one with the ducks in it), I have a PC
who seems to be about to become a Trickster initiate: and he's only partway through his Orlanth initiation!>>

      Actually, this makes a some sense to me. While I'm sure a number of Tricksters become so later in life, perhaps leaving their old cult, many will realise they just 'don't fit' during their Orlanth initiation and join at that point. I imagine its the key point at which a number of young Orlanthi decide/realise exactly what it is they want to do with their life and how they want to relate to the rest of society.

<< how much use will it be for a newly initiated 15-year-old to have the twit
Bonded if a Sword of Humakt wants the Trickster dead? >>

     Depends how badly the Sword wants the guy dead, and how well the Bonder can keep the Trickster under control. If the Sword is really determined, I think the Trickster is stuffed, but if his worst excesses can be curbed (one of the main purposes of the Bond, IMO) and he can prove himself useful in other ways, the Sword is most likely to let him off with a beating unless he does something outstandingly dim.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky