Being respectful....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:39:06 GMT

Jane Williams gives me a lovely summary of her current campaign (thanks, Jane!) and then asks:

> That Orlanthi player has been asking me about elementals. In
> particular, it seems to him that this business of Summoning them and
> giving them orders is a disrespectful way of treating the representative
> of his God. I can definitely see his point, but all I know about them is
> the RQ3 Roolz. Anyone got any suggestions?

I think that where a sorcerer (for example) would be saying "By the force of my will, I command you, recalcitrant sprite!" a devout Orlanthi with his legally acquired one-use Command Sylph would be saying "By the power given me by our Lord Orlanth, fellow creature of air, I request and require you..."

Oh, shudder! At the news that Hasbro is going into the RPG market...

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.