Laugh? I nearly bought a copy of Drastic: Darkness.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:07:40 GMT

I'm currently recovering in hospital following the Humour Bypass I was forcibly made to undergo at the hands of secret agents of Issaries, = Inc.,
but I've risen from my sickbed (at the crack of 4pm this afternoon, to be gratuitously specific) to comment on MOB taking a sideswipe at:

> the new po-faced Glorantha:

Oh my dear Michael, stop it, do! No one likes a good laugh more than I do... Well, except perhaps... Well, OK, quite a lot of people like a good laugh more than I do, but that's besides the point! Personally I think humour has a vital place in gaming, but that hardly means that every sourcebook has to have excruciating puns as a built-in feature! Did your review of "History of the Lunar Empire" fixate on the key lack of any custard pie fights in the dart competitions? Is, say, Pendragon fatally encumbered by its failure to incorporate extended sections of Mython Python therein, and instead giving space to some geezer called "Malory"? (Slagging off Sir Thomas is continued elseList.)

I think perhaps you underestimate the capacity -- nay! the Fatal Attraction gamers have for adding 'em in their games, all by their little selves, without much hand-holding by the Secret Masters of Gloranthan Comedy.

Sl=E1n,
Alex.