Arkat and the Fronelans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:13:32 +1300 (NZDT)

David Cake:

>>[Arkat] hasn't betrayed the Pelorians nor the Fronelans!
>
> But didn't Arkat become a Hrestoli knight, and then throw it away
>to follow barbarian gods (and eventually become a Krjalki)?

No, he didn't. Arkat was a _Seshnegi_ Knight and not a Knight of the New Idealist Church nor a Knight of whatever Fronelan orders existed in his time. Have a look at the Old Seshnegi Chivalric Church on Nick's Webpage to give some idea as to the variation in Hrestoli ideas.

>Perhaps he
>didn't betray them militarily, but I bet they feel betrayed anyway.

Why should they feel betrayed? What has Arkat ever done to _them_?

>>The Fronelans would instantly befriend anyone who betrayed both
>>the Brithini and the Seshnegi.

> They did instantly befriend him, and let him become a Knight in
>record time.

No they didn't. Arkat was never in Fronela. He joined the Seshnegi and later betrayed them. IMO Fronelans would give Arkat the thumbs up for this as they have a long history of Seshnegi wrongs to moan about (Silver Empire, God Learner Empire, Rokari missionaries).

>They probably still weren't pleased with what Arkat became.

What he became from their PoV is no worse than a Seshnegi or a Brithini.