Re: Physics on Glorantha

From: robin mitra <robin.m_at_cityweb.de>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:37:37 +0100

Nikk Effingham:

>Maybe really ancient Mistress Race trolls don't need to breath 'cos >they were born before the Compromise. Even better as an explantion is >that before Time you didn't NEED to breath, and you didn't NEED your >lungs to live (although without them life would be far more difficult >I'm sure...). The only reason pre-Time creatures had lungs was because >of Grandfather Mortal and the fact that he had them. As creatures like >trolls, humans etc... were all created from GM then they all had lungs.

AFAIK Grandfather Mortal had no physical relations to trolls. But I guess he has a magical bond to all non-draconic species. At least everyone has to die. Hence the first mistress race trolls were born before air and even before earth, I suppose you're right. Pre-dawn it was not necessary but common to breath. Now it is compulsory for all races, mammals, birds etc. Cause the change in anatomy was too strange no one can remember how live was before time. IMO Gloranthan physics should be as close to RW as possible. Best if there is a mythological explanation. If not ...well, anyway. A lot of questions would raise. What is the connection between snow and water? Is water in the air? Is air in the darkness? What is gravity? etc.
But first of al keep it playable.

Robin