Re: Seasoning.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 03:25:12 GMT

Joerg replies to me replying to Oliver:

> >> I stated before that I felt that Sacred Time was another kettle of
> >> fish where any kind of weather could occur for mythological/
> >> religious reasons. For instance:

> >I think that's fine if you make ST a separate "mini-season", as do the
> >Theyalans and the Dara Happans, but it seems more than a little awkward
> >to have "spring starts; spring, well, sorta pauses; sacred Time; spring
> >resumes; spring ends; summer!" If you're going to but ST in the middle
> >of spring, then _effectively_ you're including it in spring, for calendar
> >purposes.

> This sounds a lot like ST= April (aka pick your weather of choice for half
> an hour).

I agree, it does. "April showers" is one cliche' (though very much a euphemism). So I'm broad agreement, and can only sympathise for the poor quality of "spring" in your parts as well as in mine.

> IIRC the warmest days we had last year were in late spring (around German
> RQ-Con).

I seem to recall much the same here: a week a almost blisteringly hot weather in May, which I can tell you is as sure a sign of the coming Millennial Epoch as the Jets winning a post-season game and film adaptations of Lord of the Rings. Can you please make similar arrangements this year, those of you whose day job is in the German Federal Weather Control Centre? Much obliged...

Slan,
Alex.