Kralori Crawly Chaos

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 06:09:28 EST

Andrew points out:

<< Isn't the skull of Atyar buried in the catacombs of a Kralori=   city (based on old Cults of Terror) having been found by a=   wandering Lankhor Mhy sage on a tropical island (the East Isles=   ?).

And this reminds me about a few plot threads from my game; An Atyari Huan To flees from Kralorela having been defeated by the Extraordinarily Fair Feminine Legalists (he may have killed/mindcosumed the last Sister of Justice in the city of Fuknama, before fleeing her acolytes, I haven't had to decide yet). Ending up in Brolia (after a long trip) he discovers a Than cult of Headhunters and promptly starts combining the two cults (they are impressed by his Big Head). He is a Big Head in a cult of Headhunters. Anyway, Destroyer of Wisdom eventually met his comeuppance (the PC's) but on the southern edges of Carmania a foul new religion "Thanatar" has begun....(The wisdom of the Last Sister of Justice may therefore be stored away in a Temple of Thanatar in Carmania)

Back in Kralorela:
Huan To (which sounds like a football tactic; Huan To, on me big 'ed son!) are ancient Kralori enemies whose "primary motivation seems to be to overthrow the ancient governmental system" - this sounds like Atyari/Krarshti sytle subtle chaos to me. They are in the Imperial Catalog of Foes (Foes by Mail order?) from the Godtime, and have assisted "animal nomads, Hsunchen, trolls, elves, merfolk and even foreign invaders from overseas." (This last one must be Godlearner adventurers? )
 Their ability to make ghouls is pretty terrifying if they can infiltrate an unprotected village and get a few bites in. They are described as worshipping Malia, Vivamort, or Ikadz.

Given these bits of information it would seem reasonable to assume that Huan To are some sort of result of the ancient Kralori government system; perhaps they are failed Mandarins? Perhaps they are Mandarins gone bad, and somehow cursed with big heads? There must be some Draconic link, this being Kralorela? Are they similar to Dragonewts who turn into dinosaurs because they've developed incorrectly? Is it a side effect of too much Charismatic Wisdom or Black Lotus Powder? Any other suggestions?

[Question at this point; Is Thang How of Fuknama, who liberated Chang Tsai from the Ogre King, a Sister of Justice?]

Keith N.