Issaries Inc. Plans

From: Sergio Mascarenhas de Almeida <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:07:46 -0000

Glorantha fiction - I hope you will start a line comics also. These will be a must for GMs and role players.

What about skirmish and battle wargames? These may push the miniatures market.

Computer games - are you going to integrate these with the net? This would be a must, and a good marketing trick, since it allows to extend the CD-rom directly into Issaries Inc home page. Why not include in all computer games a 'bonus' pdf basic version of Hero Wars with instructions on how to continue gaming without a computer? This may drive computer games fans into paper and pencil RPG fans.

In fact, what is your policy concerning the net? Are there going to be products only edited and sold through the net (say, in pdf format)? I know of some RPG editors that went that way (some GURPS products; the Cuthroat RPG http://www.hypercult.com/cut/, etc.) For slow selling, or small edition products, the net is becoming the most viable distribution channel.
I think that you should start by puting in Glorantha home page an Hero Wars Lite edition as soon as possible. Next, publicize it on the net as much as you can (the RPG Net; RPG net mags, like Imazine, The RPG Times, Places to go People to BE, etc.).
Are there going to be MUD's, MUSHs, etc.?

Sergio Mascarenhas de Almeida