Re: Newtlings

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:43:59 EST

Ashley:

<< I'm dubious that such newtlings exist, since they'd need a large fresh-
> water lake to live in (there are examples of such lakes, I admit, but no
> evidence that they have newtlings in them).

 I was thinking of the Elf Sea in the Elder Wilds as being a good place for  them to lurk about. It's big enough to have some amphibian Nessy species hanging
 about with only old Elf Sea dogs knowing about them.>>

      To be sure. My point is that there's no evidence that they do. Glorantha Bestiary states that Newtlings are only found on the south coasts of Genertela, and no further east than the Wastes. The only large bodies of even potentially fresh water in their homelands are the New Fens and Trachodon Marsh. Even if those are fresh water, I'd suggest they are too shallow and mucky to be the home of a permanently sub-aquatic race.

     Still, if you want 'em in the Elf Sea it does at least make sense.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky

> ...according to any of the official sources, which agree that they can
> indeed survive in arid conditions, by virtue of the water stored in their
> tails.

 Oops, bugger, forgot about the tails. ~slaps own wrist~

 Ash