Khorst

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:02:08 EST

OK, I give up on Nimistor pirates despite RQC and the fact that they seem perfectly plausible to me. If anyone thinks about the remarkable timescale for the opening up of the Oceans and the pace of change along all the coasts following Dormal's journey I think anyone would have a hard time chronicling it. I am hard pressed to think of a RW equivalent but suggest the railroads in America may give the closest idea of the explosion of activity that the Open Seas would bring.

On Khorst
 <<
 See also the description of Khorst:

 "A free port, self-governing with friendly people ruled by the Merchant's  Guild. Ships which hug the coast commonly stop here to rest and hire  escorting warships because of pirates from the nearby island [pirate  kingdom] of Smelch."

Is it just me or does anyone else harbour suspicions about the supposedly friendly city of Khorst. Trachodon Marsh to the East, Ramalia to the West, Pralorela to the North and the Pirate Kingdom of Smelch to the South. These Khorstites must either have some super defensive powers, or a deal with the pirates of Smelch. I suspect them of being big time fencers of pirated goods. Their 'escorts' are simply a protection racket, their 'Merchant's Guild' a front for the biggest Kindom of Thieves in Genertela.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Keith N.