pirates and gentlebeings

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:04:09 -0600

>Subject: Privateers
>
>There are some Troll pirates (mentioned in Missing Lands) that
>operate out of the Jrusteli Isles.
>
>The Magasta cult writeup (Gods of Glorantha and TORM 10) also
>mentions human pirates troubling merfolk.

Let's be clear - privateers are private agents of a government or state. Pirates are not so backed. Who ever it was that asked about privateers, were you talking about privateers or pirates?

I think Pirates in Glorantha are common. I think there are few/no privateers in Glorantha, the distinction being lost on most people in the 3rd age.