Re: Elfsense

From: Neil Smith <neil.smith_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:41:38 +0000

Ash comments:
> Neil Smith mentions Pheromones and Auxins as means of
> communication between plants. Well, seeing as I know bugger all
> about plant physiology I'll buy it.

I'll let you into a secret: I know as much about plany physiology as you do. But it sounds good, and has MGF potential!

The basic point is that an elf is as conscious of the communication between itself and a tree as you are of the communication between your limbic system and adrenal glands. The analogy stretches further: elves _really_are_ just an organ in the organism that is the Forest: perhaps more like a white cell in your bloodstream.

Neil.

Neil Smith                      email: neil.smith_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
CISMG, Cranfield University,                    phone: +44 1793 785900
RMCS, Shrivenham, Swindon, SN6 8LA, UK            fax: +44 1793 782753