Elfsense

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:25:37 +0800

Peter replying to Steve Lieb

>This debate has been done before and the consensus was they communicate
>through Elfsense. Rootless and Renegade elves are those whose Elfsense
>is damaged or deranged.

        Personally, I think Rootless elves are those whose Elfsense is damaged or deranged. Renegade elves are actually renegade for a large variety of reasons, but most Aldryami will claim that their elfsense is deranged because obviously those that do not fit into the society are insane. In reality, some renegades are also rootless - but some have personal reasons for rejecting the communion of the forests, and some are simply misfits, capable of empathising but not wanting to do so. But this is a very minor point.

>Peter told Steve L. and I that Elves have been done before and what the
>consensus was. Lucky we agreed (in general) with the accepted wisdom wasn't
>it?

        If Peter and I agree, surely thats a reasonable approximation of concensus?

	Cheers
		David