Peacefull Cut

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:03:43 GMT

I've thought about the Peacefull Cut before from a player perspective, in fact it's not much of a problem. Most of the time you'll have a skilled butcher present, so presumably if you fluff your skill roll he'll be able to intervene and correct your mistake. If you're out on your own, you can always ceremony your skill up, which should give you a much better than 50/50 chance.

I'd not inflict serious penalties unless the character fumbles. After all, a failiure may mean the character got stuck during the ritual and had to give up. It doesn't necesserily mean they screwed up the whole thing. If they player is prepared to not kill the animal, realising his mistake, and try again the next day then where's the problem?

A failed peacefull cut shouldn't mean utter failiure, any more than a failed climb roll means falling to your doom. It just means you've got stuck and need to try again. IMG anyway.

Simon Hibbs