Re: forced to eat lobster

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:35:34 GMT

Mikko Rintasaari and Gary Switzer swap seafood anecdotes. ;-)

> That's emazing Gary! I found an almost exactly similar quote in an old
> contract of employment for logging workers here in Finland (about a
> hudread years back). I think it was specified that they wouldn't have =
> eat sammon for more than two times a week. :)

I believe that Edinburgh (or Leith, to be more accurate, I think) workers (fishermen or dockers, I assume) used to have similar complaints about being forced to live on a diet of (IIRC) claret, oysters, and salmon...

With poverty like that, who needs wealth?

Sl=E1n,
Alex.