Re: Broomen Rumour

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 02:52:51 EST

Somebody via Mark Mohrfield:

<<>This is a rumor I heard in Jonstown the other day.

 Hey, this is something that one of the Heortlanders told me. He said that there's a new kind of broo, and that their taking over Nochet by infiltrating the all levels of the city. He said that most broos are born with a human bottom and an animal top, so they can only impregnate animals. But there was a broo that was the opposite, so it could impregnate humans!>>

     Not sure I'd trust a rumour from a Heortlander dim enough to think that normal broo can't impregnate humans... :-)

<<Bad thing is that its offspring look like humans, so there's no way to tell by looking at one.>>

     I suppose if a broo stuck to impregnating nothing but humans for several generations it might well begin to look pretty similar to them. However, for the same reason that animal broo tend to be anthropoid in shape, I think multi-generation human broo would still have some animal features - though perhaps they could hide them under clothing. The real problem, though, is that this sort of breeding requires more self-control than broo are generally known to have. Therefore, if you wanted this to be true in your campaign there would have to be some special magical reason that somehow justifies altering the normal broo nature in this regard.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #479