Cradle child

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:29:55 EST

> From: <Kmnellist_at_aol.com>
> > The baby in the cradle is Gonn Orta's daughter.
> I think all previous children had been male. Did I imagine this or does the
> future of Giantkind depend on th lone female?

It is in the records that all previous Cradle children were boys. Whether the GodTime records were accurately copied and updated through the Great Darkness is, of course, a valid question, but certainly any Lhankor Mhy or Irrippi Ontor sages will say that this is the first girl. You can always go to Giantland and ask Gonn Orta himself, if the correct answer is very important to you. :-)

> Or will a new race of Giants,
> the grandsons of Gonn Orta, erupt from Hell in time for the Hero Wars?

The Cradle Incident is usually counted as the beginning of the Hero Wars, so obviously not in time for the beginning. If they end around 1743 ST, as KoS hypothesizes at the end, then there probably isn't enough time for that, though the daughter may return, herself.

Anyway, she isn't the only giant female. After the Cradles stopped coming, the giants were assumed to have developed an alternate method of raising their children.