Boat House Ruins

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:50:41 GMT

Ian Thomson :

>What I would love to know is:
>- - the official description of what is there (even if basic) so I can
>extrapolate

There's no such description I'm aware of.

>- - MGF/pseudo-official ideas from other campaigns or off
>the cuff
>- - the official idea of how far into the Rockwoods is it
>supposed to be and what the terrain is like there
>(impassable/unreachable/secret trails/whatever), however general
>these answers may be

The Boat House is on the map of Dagori Inkarth in Trollpack. It's to the east of Dagori Inkarth, on a lake from which the Zola Fel flows.

>- - the official description of the whole process of making and sending
>the Cradle off, including 'why?'!!! (This last - why? - may be
>fairly well known and just something I've missed). As for the whole
>description I can live without knowing it, but would still be
>fascinated to.

Again, I don't think there is any such description.

There is, as someone has said, a description of Gonn Orta's castle in Griffin mountain, but you can bet if anything official gets written about it again it'll be heavily Gregged.

Perhaps the ruined state of the boat house is why no cradles had been seen for centuries. Without the facilities at the boat house it may simply have taken all that time to make a new cradle.

Finding out who sacked the boat house, what is left and who lives there now could make a great adventure.

Simon Hibbs