Prax detail

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 11:47:42 EST

In a message dated 3/31/99 11:31:08PM, you write:

<< The material available on Prax and the Zola Fel river valley in my opinion
> is worth more than all the "outlying" kingdoms and empires of Genertela
> combined. This one small area has got to be most cohesive, unique, and
> gamable area in any game world, and I'm willing to bet this even against
game
> worlds I've never heard of...>> >>

Am I alone in thinking that a lot of Pavis and the Big Rubble are as they are as the result of a simple contivance to generate simple (really) old style dungeon adventures? This makes it 'gameable' as it was designed to be, 'cohesive' because it was well done, but I wouldn't really say it was unique, any more than lots of other 'fantasy' settings are unique, ie one of a kind.

Brian was refering to the lack of details for Prax and gave some good examples. I 'kind of' agree with him and would have like to have seen scenaris for, for example, Tourney Altar or Sog's Ruins. However, at this stage I think a lot of GMs may have already made up their own versions so any published stuff would inevitably step on peoples toes in some way. Most of Prax is an empty wilderness filled with savages anyway so there aren't that many details. To really get into Prax I think the scenario that needs writing is one of a clan's survival in a bleak empty wilderness with only their herd to keep them alive; a bit like the steadholder thing in Doraster - with resources, skills and other stuff.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #503