R: Communities

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alex.lanciani_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:18:41 +0200

Simon Hibbs, from #520

> Sir Alisander :
>
> >Why, isn't RQ "community integrated"? What do you mean?
>
> I think what Keith means is that RQ doesn't tell you anything about your
> community. What are it's laws and customs? What do they do in
> their worship ceremonies? What is their way of life and what is important
> to them on a day to day basis? What does the community look like >
physicaly?

        When I talk about a game system, I talk about a set of rules, not about a game world (obviously). I think RQ*3* encourages community integration. In what community? That depends on your game world. Information for Glorantha's cultures was given in the (so rare!) AH's Gloranthan pubblications. I know nothing of RQ1 or RQ2, but I wouldn't criticize a set of rules because its former editions were short on cultural informations. I liked RQ*3* whatever the game world, I like Glorantha whatever the system (I liked most of all the two together).

> It is true that RQ introduced community rules in the form of cults, but >
it also introduced alchemists guilds. In Sartar?

        Glorantha's main theme is "man's relationship to religion", so it does make sense to me that community are cult-based. Besides, why do you all cling to older editions of everything? I've only know third edition, so I sometimes don't understand what do you complain about. But, again, Nick Brooke says it better than me.

        *Question*: will HW revise something (or someone) away? Or will HW's Glorantha stay consistent with RQ's?

	Alex
	"Si stava meglio quando si stava peggio" (literally, we fared better when
we fared worst)?!