Various mechanics

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_telia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:47:48 +0200

Alexandre asks me:

>Would Elric! action mechanics (I hate the term "rules" when
>talking about RPGs and I apologize for its use in my previous posts) +
>Pendragon social ones be realistic yet simple enough for your tastes? Is
>there a need for an altogether different system (at least, one not based on
>the famous BASIC)?

If there is a need for an altogether different system? There is a need for a *new* gloranthan game, considering the lack thereof. Design conditions demanded good mechanics for heroic action, heroquesting, community integration and social conflicts. Thus a step away from BRP seems inevitable.

I have never played Elric! and have too little experience with Pendragon to judge them. Since HW suits my gaming style very well, i have no need of trying out Elric! or Pendragon.