Youthful campaigns

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:39:33 -0400 (EDT)

> the players strive to work out much the same thing. I'm not saying this
> is in any way an unrewarding or inferior way to play, I just think it's
> a mistake to believe it's _easier_. An example that springs to mind

Much more challenging, actually. But it's a boatload of fun. I actually played in a RuneQuest campaign where we all started out roughly 15-16 years of age. The characters did have "place" and "background", but the focus of the campaign was not so much "defining" our place as *altering* it. How does one become a hero if there is little heroic about you, not even past deeds, training, or reputation? All you've got is grit.