PendragonHeroQuest?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:57:15 +0100 (BST)

Julian Lord counters David Dunham's 'scoffing' (pun intended, and unashamedly!) about apples and oranges, and grafting HW onto RQ...

> > I think it'll be more like trying to write a novel
> > with a spreadsheet program.

Or an imperative program in a object-oriented programming language? The perils of believing your own Paradigmatic Propaganda, David. ;-) (In both cases, to get even more off-topic. <g>)

> RQ rules with HW-type skills/attributes/keywords
>
> looks tasty to me !!

I think that would be perfectly viable, actually. And do I hear PD style traits and passions? ;-) Actually, I think this would work very well. You could keep characters purely in HW form, but if one dislikes the HW resolution system, resolve combats, etc, 'Pendragonwise', or after the fashion of slightly modified RQ.

Cheers,
Alex.