Re: Chaos. (Chaaaooossss?)

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:19:38 +0200

Alex:

> Chaos. I don't think that if one grants the Orlanthi definition
> of 'chaos' (that slimy thing over there I'm pointing at), of 'cosmos'
> in the sense that I'm using it above, that this is at all conversial
> or culturally relative, apart from the lack of meaning or significance
> to the particular terms/concepts, and especially moral connotations of
> same, outside their cultural contexts.

If I had managed to decode this behemoth of a sentence I could have responded intelligentliy to it :-).

If I have managed to extract ome meaning you say that to an Orlanthi, chaos _is_ extra-cosmic because that's how they define chaos. I won't argue with that. I'm just saying that beyond the different cultural trappings, there is a single layer of "reality". Since nobody knows the whole "truth", you get different interpretations of it. They are all right because nobody of them is.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/