Re: Anti-God and antigod

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:10:17 +0200

Alex F:

>> But, in an antigod is not anti-nature, extra-cosmic
>> etc, as wrangled in anoter thread.
>
>Well, one may or may not be. The point is those concepts aren't
>anything much to do with what it _means_ to be an Antigod, nor
>indeed much in the Eastern scheme of things at all.

True. Put it this way, using eastern definitions, antigods are not anti-nature. If they are anti anything it's Liberation.

>> That said, Antigods are not necessarily evil. It is
>> possible to worship (some) Antigods and be a nice,
>> responsible person. Plenty of non-Vithelan deities
>> which are considered good and definitely not anti-
>> are antigods in the Vithelan scheme: Orlanth, Pamalt,
>> Malkion.
>
>Perhaps not necessarily _evil_, but not terribly good, either, in
>the Eastern view. Merely weak, indolent, misguided, self-centred,
>materialistic, or merely uninformed, rather rather the outright
>malicious or demented, certainly.

Indeed. Especially if you go by the ancestral division, that antigods are the descendants of Vith and Gebkeran, just about any deity can be defined as an antigod.

And one thing I forgot. Antigods can come to their senses, start out on the road to Liberation and become gods.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/