Re: Scenarios

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:27:56 +0800

        Eric is probably right about the economic sense of scenarios. On the other hand, most decent sized and successful game lines include a few scenario books. And I think games that have no scenarios available have problems - I certainly think Nephilim, for example, suffered because until the first scenario book came out (a year or so after the initial introduction) no one really had a good example of what scenarios should be like.

        I would hope Hero Wars will publish some scenario material. I also hope that they don't naively expect to sustain the line by publishing them. Downloadable scenarios are fine, but are guaranteed to lose money (especially if prepared to anything like professional standard quality and length) and so I expect Issaries enthusiasm will wane. Besides, people like scenario books.

	Cheers
		David