Re: God of Gaps / Ahagists?

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 23:10:15 +0200

Keith Nellist/Peter Metcalfe:

> >KN> The Malkioni have deduced everything that they can deduce
> >> (and that can be deduced) from the observable world.
>
> PM> Wrong. New discoveries are made all the time.
> > Malkionism is a dynamic faith, not a static one.
>
> My thinking was that everything had been deduced but had since
> been either forgotten or lost.

or *changed* ...

Glorantha is a dynamic cosmos, not a static one.

I'm with Peter on this one ...

> This comes from the perception that everyone, bar the
> Lunars, are trying to re establish some sort of golden age
> of logic or whatever; their own perfect utopia.

(many parts of the Hero Plane being cultural utopias? Cool!

Solace is Utopia?)

but I think that it's "establish" rather than "re establish", even though Golden Age mythology invariably states that a Perfect Age once existed. (These myths are invariably false in RW, but maybe not in Glorantha.)
The attributes of Perfection are unstable in any culture's history, of course;

Brithini excepted ...

The Lunars are trying to establish a Golden Age too, of course, except that they're (unusually) placing it in the Future; the Perfect Age *will* exist;

> I'm not sure I like the name Invisibles for a sect of
> non-saint venerators.
> Too many jokes about "Invisibles, I've never seen any".

Yeah ... :-(
Don't think Puritans is terribly kosher either ...

Their theology might need fleshing out quite a bit before we know what their name is;

"Ahagists"(sp?) maybe, if it's not too ugly/pedantic ...

But would our heretics really care about that? (Do Henotheists worry about that sort of thing?)