Fanzines? Pshaw.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 06:40:19 +0100 (BST)

Jose Ramos says, of Tradetalk:
> Still a fanzine, but a serious one with good content.

Before one disparages fanzaines, Consider the Alternative. A regular, professionally-produced magazine is hardly likely or economically feasible (until HW Reconstructs the Gloranthan market to about 10x its current size, at ant rate). So either we get 'fanzines' of 'fanzine' periodicity (some often stream of consciousness approximation to 'quarterly', say), or we get lavishly produced quasi-supplements, coming out once a year and costing either a small fortune to buy, or their publishers a rather larger one to maintain. Such is life.

Gloranthan fanzines? Praise be for 'em, and let's hope they don't all "pro" thmselves up the proverbial wazoo.