Real City

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:54:02 +1200

Ian Thompson:

>Anyone got a list of what's here, or even any homespun maps?
>Otherwise I'm going to have to do it myself
>I think the only official information is in Big Rubble?

Correct. On the layout:

	"The city currently houses about 500 people, all humans, but
	some buildings are set aside for dwarfs who occasionally
	pop in from their subterranean tunnels to stay there a while
	before moving along."

	"This surviving part of the city is still beautiful, and its
	fame confirms the legends of Pavis's ancient splendor.  The
	residents meanly live in these grand habitations, aping the
	greatness of their past.  They provide good material, however,
	for the poor grandeur of the ancient cult and supply hardy
	soldiers for local defense."

	"The real city has mostly A, B and C ruins in no particular plan.
	The nomads pulled down several tall buildings during one of their
	periods of dominance, and the main throughfare is still blocked
	by this.  No one originally organized a cleaning party and it is
	now considered part of the defenses."

There's a temple to Pavis there with crystalline bricks with a deep crack in one of the walls. Taras Joran, IIRC, was the guy wot dunnit.