Re: Nature and Frontiers of Glorantha

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:01:54 +0100

Julian Lord :

>Come to think of it, I seem to remember that if you do
>the long LBQ, you can start a further HQ from Hell
>and retrieve anything or anyone you want,
>no matter how it was destroyed.
>It's the only known cure for entropy, IIRC.

You gain the right to give you one soul. When Argrath did this he asked for Sheng Seleris, but because Sheng was not within the domain of the gods (he wa sin a Lunar mystical domain beyond the bounds of the theist godplane) they could not fulfil their obligation. Argrath then had to go on a quest further to get Sheng.

This was in the case of a soul that did actualy provably exist in Glorantha. I fidn it hard to believe that trying recover someone utterly annihilated would be even this successful. In fact, making such a request would probably let the gods off the hook. Some get-out clause in the fine print of the compromise, I suspect.

Simon Hibbs