Re: Gamlaks?

From: IUL Labor <IUL-Schleswig_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:02:30 +0200

darvall asked about "Gamlaks":

> Gamlaks, "first seen in ?" KoS. What are they?

The term did not show up in my index, but from the context I suggest that the beast asked for is the aurochs. A huge variety of feral cattle, according to a nice taxing anecdote from Roman Germania with hides about six times the size of ordinary cattle.

> Why is their appearance significant?

I guess they are in some way tied to Urox (the same word, really). Argrath is "blamed" for this achievement.

> & is Minaryth Blue recording his own or someone eslse's
> sighting?

Minaryth Blue reports his own participation in the first aurochs _hunt_ in ages, counting coups.