Re: Gamlaks

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:28:27 EDT

In a message dated 2/6/99 08:36:14 GMT, you write:

<< darvall asked about "Gamlaks":

> Gamlaks, "first seen in ?" KoS. What are they?

 The term did not show up in my index, but from the context I suggest  that the beast asked for is the aurochs. A huge variety of feral cattle,  according to a nice taxing anecdote from Roman Germania with hides about  six times the size of ordinary cattle. >>

      The article in Questlines #1 on the Far Point describes gamlaks as 'strange flying creatures', which doesn't sound too much like aurochs to me...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky