Vingan magic, Sartarite cities

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:31:58 +0100

Dave, he say:
> Issaries already had plenty of fine magic, appropriate to the game.
> Vinga didn't.

Yes, most of her stuff can be abstracted as "improve fighting ability". Presumably the game doesn't go into any more detail than that. (No Orlanth Adventurous? Not even called "Warrior"?)

But, given that she's now got this scouting magic, how do you make it work mythically? We know she's a warrior goddess: do you give her a myth in which she develops her own scouting abilities, or steals them from some enemy, or is taught them by another of the pantheon, or what?

Presumably it's a part of the main-stream Vingan cult, not a sub-cult?

Sartarite cities: I'm pretty sure that in Boldhome at least there are people who are citizens of the city, but who are not members of any particular tribe. They are represented on the city ring by the Mayor. Not sure where I'm remembering this from, though: sorry.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/