Garsting and Jrusteli.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 00:38:09 +1200

Alan E and Carmel J Brain:

>I'm interested in any publications or readers's thoughts about Garsting,
>circa 1650.

Overrun by Pentan Nomads. There's some sporadic attempt at sedentary ranches ever since Kastok's time but with the Pentans right next door, one generally has a difficult time during the Hero Wars and other fin-de-scieles.

>Given that the Jerustelli were essentially exterminated at the end of
>the second age, is there any evidence that there are any surviving
>pockets of the culture left?

In Hell or reasonable approximations thereof. Fortunately for you, you can visit those places through heroquest.

For example, the God Learners of Umathela have their souls trapped in Torture Trees and so you could possibly talk to them. I think that the Torture Trees will also snap you up to torture you for all time.

But if you want God Learners who repented of their mistake then virtually every Malkioni qualifies since the God Learners ruled them all at some stage or another.

>I'm particularly thinking of groups who
>believed in "appropriate technology" rather than the slash'n'burn
>approach, and who would therefore be exiled (voluntarily or not) into
>the outer corners of Glorantha at the time of the Machine City. Legends?

The Good and the Bad were both destroyed at the end of the Imperial Age. They weren't destroyed because of their slash'n'burners. They were destroyed for they knew a Secret. The Slash'n'burners triggered of a cosmic reaction that killed both the Good and the Bad.

To give an indication of how thorough the destruction was, if there was one God Learner in a city, then a great flood (one of the dooms that befell them) would smash into the city and in its determination to destroy the God Learner would also drown most of the city as well even if they knew nothing about the Forbidden Secret.