The Herds of Prax

From: Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 07:59:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

I'm a fairly new to Glorantha, but I have been made a big fan nonetheless.

One of the most irritating facts about Glorantha is that the sources that everyone quotes is always out of print, like River of Cradles...

But I have managed to get my hands on some stuff! I have been reading "The Book of Drastic Resolutions, Prax" and I've begun to wonder about one thing.

Do the Bison tribe only herd bison or do they have primarily bison, but some cattle also? I haven't been able to find some reference in some of the books I have about what is allowed according to the fact of Waha.

Another thing I've begun to feel is that it is sometimes very hard to visualize some parts of Glorantha. Prax for example, if all those beasts are living there it ought to be pretty fertile, but it's described as being pretty barren.

Are there someone who can direct me to some more usefull resource than "Postcards from Glorantha" on the Issaries site. It's pretty much useless if you can't find the book Greg is refering too...

I do hope the upcoming HW is going to be heavily illustrated!

Can someone please enlighten me? If you feel it is somehow off-topic, please say so, since I haven't been on this list long enough to fully understand what is on and not.

/andreas

===

===== #include <std_disclaimer> ======================

Tea drinker and SF-fan, beware!