Question on Lunars

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:06:22 -0400

>Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:14:37 +1000
>From: "Grawe, Philipp" <pgrawe_at_tusc.com.au>
>Subject: Question on Lunars
>Hi, I'm one of those lurkers who reads with interest and rarely posts,
but
>here goes...

Hello there, good posts.

>I'm looking into running a mini-campaign based around the characters bei=
ng
>members of, or associated with a Lunar Noble House around 1600 ST.. I
>haven't run RQ in 10 years and most of what I previously ran were
>Orlanthi/Sartar based. I figured to do something a little different I
might
>change the viewpoint.

The Empire is certainly different from the Orlanthi.

>I've spent some time browsing web pages, collecting Cults and informatio=
on
>Lunars, but a few questions remain
>- - How wide spread is the worship of Yelm Pantheon in the Lunar Empire =
?
>I've heard a lot of references to the Dara Happans being worshippers, bu=
>also to them having their own Gods.

The Yelm Pantheon is heavily worshipped in the Empire, particularily =

the "Old Empire" or Dara Happa as it is commonly known. The Red =

Emperor is a Yelmic Emperor, the Lunar Empire is a Dara Happan =

Empire. The Yelmic elite are not empowered in the same way they =

were, but they are still extant and integral to the running of the Empire= - -

>- - Do the Storm Gods get worshipped (Orlanth and Stormbull are illegal =
in
the
>empire, correct ?) ? How about the Malkioni-style Invisible God ?

There are storm deities in the Yelmic pantheon, like Doburdan and =

to a degree, Shargash. As for sorcerous worship, this is usually =

concentrated in Carmania where the Idovanic school is very strong. =

The Emperor is also Shah of carmania and is therefore the top man =

in the Idovanic school. Other forms of materialistic worship do exist.

Mystical worship is also extremely strong but most worship is theistic.

>- - I've found a fair number of write-ups for Cults in the Lunar Pantheo=
n,
>collected most of them, sorted them into feasible PC Cults and infeasibl=
PC
>Cults. Has anyone made some sort of a definitive list ? There's a big
list
>of all Cults on kerofin.something.com, but I'm thinking more Lunar
specific.
>- - Some interesting sounding cults are written up in back issues of
>magazines. Danfive Xaron was in an old Tales of the Reaching Moon. Doe=
>anyone have these sort of Cults on-line (if copyright allows, obviously)=
- -

There will be a full list of key words, hero bands and special organisations =

and cults in the new Lunar source book for HW, but that is in the future =

and doesn't really help you now. The best policy is to use what you have=  =

at hand that you think is playable. Use GRoY and FS as the basis for cul= ts
you haven't got detailed info on, and of course read Tales, Enclosure etc=

for
more ideas on them. =

>Lots of questions, not very much input from me. =

Ask some more if need be. Thats what we're here for.

Regards

Martin